I'd like to take a moment to thank Kelpie from Created by the Created for nominating me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a way of learning more about fellow bloggers by asking them questions. I've answered Kelpie's questions below.
1. What is your favorite (non Biblical) quote?
2. What is your favorite topography? (i.e. desert, mountains, prairie, etc.)
Fertile Iowa farmland. Mountains are majestic, and I'd love to see the ocean and desert again, but there's something special about Iowa, the place I call home, and that my family has called home since the 1850s.
3. If you could move to another country where would you go?
I'd like a tour of 10 or so countries first to see them, evaluate them, and make an informed decision.
4. What is #1 on your “bucket list”?
Heading back to St. Louis this summer and visiting some of the interesting places there.
5. What do you believe is the most important quality in a friend?
6. How do you spend the majority of your time (may include sleeping!)?
If I divided my life into percentages of everything I've done over the years, sleeping would get first place, as I have slept at least 7-8 hours every single night. I can't think of any other activity I have been so consistently devoted to pursuing for 1/3 of every day for the last 2o years.
7. If you could have named yourself, what name would you have chosen? Why?
When I was 4 or 5 I named myself Coconut, but that would have been hard to live with. I'm glad I was named Bethany.
8. What is something about you that would surprise most people?
My age seems to surprise people--few ever guess it right.
9. What is something you dislike but everyone else loves?
My dislikes are simple: flies, mosquitos, okra, turnips, beets, crime, big government, and hypocritical politicians. I don't think they're generally loved.
10. What is your dream pet? Or would you rather not own an animal?
Ginger, our German Shepherd mix, is my dream pet. If I ever got another animal it would be another (smart) dog.
11. What inspired you to start blogging? Politics
My nominees (if they'd like to participate):
Carrie at Northwords Scrapbook
Carrie at Northwords Scrapbook
Christine at Homeschool and Etc.
Jill at Elegant Homestead
Moriah at Home on the Erie Canal
Paige at Sunday Best and All the Rest
And anyone else who'd like to answer my questions.
(I'd love to read answers either on your blog or in comments on this post.)
1. Would you share a favorite quote and a favorite Bible verse?
2. What would you like to accomplish before the year is over?
3. What is your ancestry (e.g. German, Italian)?
4. What is your favourite genre of music?
5. Do you have a favorite bird or flower?
6. What is the most encouraging thing anyone has ever told you/or that you've ever read?
7. What is your go-to meal for when you need to cook something quickly?
8. Do you have a favorite word?
9. What is your favorite tv series?
10. If you could have a gift card to any clothing store, including online, what would it be for?
11. If I were to visit you in your hometown, what would be the first place you'd want me to see?
"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."