Faith in the Journey

Sunday, November 17, 2019

This afternoon I visited my blog looking for a photo from a couple years back, and I realized how much I missed the chance to reflect that this platform provides. Life gets busy. Work can be demanding. Stress can be overwhelming. But there's beauty in the simplicity of taking a moment to relax, contemplate and have faith in the God who holds our every tomorrow.
Today I'll share a few photos from the trip I took to Juneau, Alaska with my mama and sister this July, along with some of my favorite encouraging quotes. Those who are connected with me on social media may have already seen the photos–but since I may be the only one still visiting this corner of the blogosphere, who cares?


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." –Psalm 23:1
I have all I need. There is nothing I lack. This is a statement of faith. We believe God knows what we need and will supply it. When God told Abraham to offer up his only son Isaac, it didn't make sense. But Abraham knew that "God Himself will provide the lamb." If God could provide a ram for the offering, if he could provide the Israelites with manna in the wilderness, God can provide for us today in a real way–to meet all of our needs as we trust in Him.

 
"The wonderful thing about praying is that you leave a world of not being able to do something, and enter God's realm where everything is possible. He specializes in the impossible. Nothing is too great for His almighty power. Nothing is too small for His love." –Corrie ten Boom

"If you believe in a God who controls the big things, you have to believe in a God who controls the little things. It is we, of course, to whom things look 'little' or 'big.'" –Elizabeth Elliot

"Thou hast made us for Thyself, O God, 
and our hearts are restless till they find rest in Thee."
–St. Augustine 

"It is God with whom we travel, and while He is at the end of our journey, 
He is also at every stopping place." –Elizabeth Elliot

"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; 
but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." –Martin Luther

"Faith is the assurance that the thing which God has said in His word is true, and that God will act according to what He has said in His word." –George Mueller

"No place I seek, but to fulfill in life and death thy loving will. No succor in my woes I want, except what thou are pleased to grant. Our days are numbered, let us pare our anxious hearts a needless care: Tis thine to number our days, and ours to give them to Thy praise." –Madame Guyon

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: 
I will guide thee with mine eye." –Psalm 32:8

"Know that I love utterly. I am God. Believe it and be satisfied." –St. Anthony of Padua

12 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures. Very cool to see you posted here on your blog. Happy holidays and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! It was so nice to see a post from you. You definitely aren't the only one who still wants to visit this corner of the blogosphere! I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you are and what you are up to these days. I know the Lord led you to publish this post because the quotes and Scriptures you shared were spot-on for me this morning. I so needed these reminders and am so thankful you were faithful to the Spirit's nudge to write. I loved seeing your photos of Alaska, too! How beautiful it must be there! So thankful all is well with you and grateful to hear from you today! Many blessings to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and lovely reflections! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bethany! It's so good to see a post from you. Your photos and the thoughts you shared are just beautiful! Hope you come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mari! Thanks for stopping by! Good to see my blogging friends are still posting!

      Delete
  5. Hello Bethany, I came to your blog from my dear friend Mari's Little Corner of the World. What a beautiful post. I especially liked the quote by Madame Guyon, whose work I admire. Your photos are stunning. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to "meet" you, Jenny! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. It's so lovely to see you stopping by the blogosphere. ^_^ These photos are gorgeous! The waterfall is especially surreal. I also enjoyed the encouraging quotes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS