Hummingbirds - 2015

Friday, September 25, 2015

" I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."  --Jeremiah 31:3
"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.  The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands."  --Psalm 138:7-8

   "I will bring the blind by a way they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known:  
I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight.  
These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them." --Isaiah 42:16
 "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."  --Psalm 27:13
"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart."  --Psalm 27:14
"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; to see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary."  --Psalm 63:1-2
"Because thy lovingkindnesss is better than life, my lips shall praise thee."  --Psalm 63:3
 "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  --Psalm 16:11
 "The righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence."  --Psalm 140:13
 "Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; 
thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance."  --Psalm 32:7 
"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:  I will guide thee with mine eye." --Psalm 32:8
 "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."  --Psalm 31:24

Linking with:

45 comments:

  1. Gorgeous captures of the hummingbirds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing little birds which God has so wonderfully created! Your photos are beautiful and the Scriptures you share are precious to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many good verses! I shot some of these photos back in August, but didn't get my fill of hummingbird photography. About a week ago I went out to our cannas to look for more hummingbirds (a bit sadly, since I thought it might be too late). I said a little prayer that although I didn't expect God to send me hummingbirds, I sure would appreciate if He would. Guess what?! A hummingbird started hovering around the cannas right in front of me--not on the other side of the garden, but about as close as could possibly be expected! After I had captured a few photos, it flew head-on for me. I was a bit concerned it would fly into me, but it went over my head. I think the Lord was sending me a crystal clear message that He loves me, and although I don't always see my prayers answered right away, He does hear my every prayer.

      Delete
    2. Awesome story about the hummingbird! Love it:) Beautiful photos--one of my fav birds.
      Blessings, Aimee
      PS: That first verse is one Elisabeth Elliot used regularly. Whenever I hear or read it, it reminds me of her.

      Delete
    3. It's a wonderful verse! Thanks for stopping by, Aimee!

      Delete
  3. Amazing. You have such a soft touch when taking pictures. It is as if they are waiting for you to take one picture and pose for another. WOW! love the scriptures too. Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think one of those hummingbirds showed up in answer to prayer, so I could get pictures! They were very good subjects...I did have to turn up my shutter speed a bit though. Those little wings are certainly fast, and for some of the pictures I didn't get the speed set quite high enough...oh well, perfection is hard to attain. I'll settle for greatness. ;) jk, thank you!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely incredible shots Bethany! They are one of my very favorite birds on this beautiful planet. Such an inspirational and uplifting post. Made my day. Thanks so much and happy weekend sweet Gal!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hummingbirds are my favorites. I love mourning doves and cardinals as well, but hummingbirds take first place. :) You have a wonderful weekend as well! Take care!

      Delete
  5. just wonderful shots of these tiny jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bethany the bird is awesome. Love from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post, Bethany! Your photos are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hummingbirds are so pretty and they move so fast! You got some amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely wonderful captures.

    Can you give me tips on how to make cannas bloom? Mine have missed the last two years. I don't want to lose the few plants I have left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear your cannas haven't been blooming. We've never had that problem. Our bulbs come from the plants my great-grandfather grew in his yard, and they've always performed beautifully in our rich Iowa soil. I guess we're blessed; they do get shorter if we plant them in the same place twice it seems, but that's the only problem we've had. Hope yours work out better this coming year!

      Delete
  10. Hello Bethany, it is so nice to see you joining in with your gorgeous hummingbird images. The flowers are lovely too. I just love the hummers, awesome photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting the Saturday's Critters link-up!

      Delete
  11. Fantastic shots. Great scriptures to go with, also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the awesome photos and faith filled Word, Bethany. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely STUNNING!! One of my favorites. And the flower blossoms are quite dazzling too.

    Before we leave for the day, I just wanted to stop by and say this:
    Thank you for taking time to add your link this weekend at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic shots of the hummingbird!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/shake-those-tail-feathers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sue, and inviting me to your linkup!

      Delete
  15. They are fascinating little birds, amazing the size of their babies. Please join me on at Oh My Heartsie Girls WW
    Hope you can check it out!!
    Have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite. Have a great week as well!

      Delete
  16. Amazing photos!! Thank you for sharing with OMHG Wordless Wednesday Link Party.. Have a great day, co-host Evija @Fromevijawithlove x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hummers do love some cannalilies. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Bethany, Wonderful photos and verses to go with. I suppose all of creation is amazing, but hummingbirds are especially so, at least to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. They must be my favorite birds--love to watch them!

      Delete
  19. Beautiful photos and uplifting verses. Thanks for sharing at #OMHGWW.

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS