New Providence

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Have you ever been to an old soda fountain where the community gathers for breakfast every month? If not, it may be time for a trip to New Providence (below). During the summer of 2016, I visited this charming little town with my grandma Siripon (Yai) and sister Charity.
Food selections included biscuits and gravy, pancakes, pastries and omelets. And, wow, were those omelets good. (I still remember them a year and a half later...haha! I'm on the brink of forgetting though, so I figured I should get this posted.)

 We enjoyed all the delicious food. The room was so full it was hard to find room. Charity and I squeezed together into the other side of the booth below, across from my lovely grandma.
 Everyone was very friendly, and we enjoyed visiting before checking out the historic hardware store nearby, established in 1863, and still very much up and open for business.
 Tom and Marlene have operated the store since 1975, and the store seems to have a little bit of everything!
I particularly loved the ceiling! The couple kindly opened up the building next door, which is filled with the town's history, and I enjoyed looking around.
 Main Street in New Providence is a beautiful place every summer.

As we wrap up 2017, I'll have a few more posts coming of places I never posted about, but would rather not forget.

6 comments:

  1. Such fun adventures you and your dear grandma have together! The food looks yummy indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great place. I'm so glad you enjoyed that time with family, especially with your grandmother. She has a very pretty smile, just like you.

    A business that's been around since 1863! That is amazing. They are doing something right. It would be fun to be able to go back in time to when it first opened!

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS